- Understand the rationale for immediate steps for hemorrhage control, including external control, direct pressure & wound packing, early use of tourniquet for severe hemorrhage, internal control by rapid evacuation and transportation to major hospital/trauma center.
- Demonstrate the appropriate application of a tourniquet to the arm & leg.
- Describe the progressive strategy for controlling hemorrhage.
- Describe appropriate airway control techniques and devices.
- Demonstrate the correct application of a topical hemostatic dressing (combat gauze).
- Recognize the tactically relevant indicators of shock.
It was very good – best training at a judicial conference ever! The speaker was excellent. The props and volunteers made it more hands on and made you feel it was doable. I would recommend this to everyone these days.
This training is worth repeating. Initially I felt a lot of anxiety about a topic I’d rather not think about. However, I appreciate the subject so that I can think about being proactive should the situation ever arise.