Digital Forensics for the Modern-Day Threat
In the Seattle Area & Around the World
Digital Forensics is the identification and investigation of material contained in digital devices and is often performed in relation to computer crimes. Premier Risk Solutions provides a full range of litigation support services.
Perform digital evidence assessments, advise on case strategy, communicate results and findings in a non-technical manner, and recommend next steps in the forensic investigation.
Process encrypted data, perform file conversions, produce emails and other forensic materials, and support additional search or special case-related requests.
Preparation and review of deposition Q & A and response to deposition appearances.
Preparation and review of affidavits.
Expert Witness Testimony
Serve as a subject expert in a legal case.
- Computer Forensics Services
- Computer Usage Analysis
- Enterprise Storage Failure & Data Recovery
- Computer Forensic Analysis
- Website Security Analysis
- Database Forensics
- Link File Analysis
- Connected Storage Device Analysis
- ESI Chain of Custody
- Data Removal & Certification
- Computer Forensics Expert Witness Testimony
The discovery of information held in electronic format. Data can be subject to local rules and agreed-upon processes and is often reviewed for privilege and relevance before being turned over to a client. Our professionals follow a six-stage eDiscovery process:
- Identification: Potentially responsive digital information is identified for further analysis and review. Custodians in possession of potentially relevant information are also identified, and to ensure a complete identification of data sources, data mapping techniques are often employed.
- Preservation: Data is identified as potentially relevant is placed in a legal hold, ensuring it cannot be destroyed. Special care is taken to ensure the process is legally defensible, with the end-goal of reducing data spoliation or destruction.
- Collection: Digital evidence is preserved and transferred to legal counsel, who determines its relevance and disposition.
- Processing: Digital files are prepared for loading into a digital review platform. This phase involves extraction of text and metadata from digital files.
- Review: Documents and digital evidence are reviewed for responsiveness to discovery requests, and for privilege. PRS uses standard tools to make reviews and assessments of large groups of documents and digital evidence easy.
During this final phase, documents and digital evidence are turned over to opposing counsel based upon agreed specifications.
Data Recovery and Back-up Methodologies
Even though it doesn’t fall into the realm of Defensive Security, recovering data from a failed hard drive can leave you exposed in some cases. Proper Data Backup & Recovery is offered at PRS, as well as helping establish a robust back-up plan in place to save your business time and money. We provide back-up solutions for all operating systems and infrastructures.
- SSD Data Recovery
- Hard Drive Recovery
- Laptop Data Recovery
- Server Data Recovery
- RAID Data Recovery
- RAID Repair
- Database Data Recovery
- File & Email Data Recovery
- Tape Data Recovery
- Encrypted Data Recovery
- USB Flash Data Recovery
- Apple Device Data Recovery
- iPhone Data Recovery
- Smartphone Data Recovery
Network Audits in Digital Forensics
Our professionals can perform assessments, audits, and Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) simulations. Security assessment components include, but are not limited to:
- Vulnerability Assessments: Examine and identify network vulnerabilities for internal/external systems to determine the potential for exploitation. Formulate reports and plans detailing our findings and remediation recommendations.
- Security Device Assessments: Exhaustive examination of network security devices including Next-Gen Firewalls, Web Application Firewalls (WAF’s), VPN’s, IDS/IPS, and other devices.
- Network Architecture Assessments: Evaluate the functionality, reliability, and compatibility of your business and security systems. We obtain the data needed to make your network better, matching the results to an agreed-upon security model to create a detailed course of action for any changes suggested.
- Wireless Infrastructure Assessments: Evaluate the security of your organization’s wireless environment and provide detailed recommendations for improvement and proper implementation of your wireless system.
- Mobile & BYOD Assessments: Mobile device assessment resulting in a recommendation of efficient and effective solutions for your organization’s mobile and ‘Bring Your Own Device’ (BYOD) infrastructure. Many organizations use such a policy today, and it’s important to know you’re doing it right.
- Network Audit/Penetration Test: Highly customized audits (including many of the above services) aimed at providing a realistic and detailed view of an internal and/or external attack on your organization. This type of audit is often required as part of an industry’s legal compliance, such as HIPPA and PCI.
Our Network Audit and Analysis ensures your network is ready for your business needs, and our professionals help ensure your network is ready to accommodate change driven by technology adoption, mergers and acquisitions, organizational alignments, and/or new application deployment. Key benefits include:
- Minimize risk related to business systems and network infrastructure.
- Improve business knowledge of programs (systems) in place throughout the network to facilitate more accurate planning.
- Accommodate change for technology adoption, mergers and acquisitions, organizational alignments, and/or new application deployment to advance network infrastructures.
- Establish a baseline for best practices, design and implementation of new services, and advanced technologies such as IP telephony, wireless, and advanced security devices.
- Establish compliance levels for the core controls section of the ISO standard for best practices in information security.
- Assist your company in minimizing network infrastructure risk, ensuring your network’s availability, agility, efficiency, confidentiality, and integrity.
- Ensure your network is ready for whatever your business needs may be.
Persistent Threat Solutions
Some organizations are subjected to purposeful, resourceful, and sophisticated targeted attacks, often spawned from nation-state-sponsored attackers. Referred to as ‘Advanced Persistent Threats’ or APTs, our digital forensics process deals with extremely persistent network malware. We identify, analyze and create custom solutions to meet your anti-malware needs and build damage assessment/recovery plans. Our custom and efficient solutions include removal, recovery, and future protection. We can also assess the effectiveness of your network security appliances, helping you keep up-to-date in your ability to efficiently identify/detect, resist and respond to any sophisticated attack.
Any website platform or content management system (CMS) can be hacked – especially if you’re not updating it regularly or applying website security best practices. In order to be secure from hackers, your Web server and CMS should be ‘hardened’ against virus or malware infections. Our digital forensics service provides full website security audits to identify vulnerabilities and provide preventative private security solutions to protect from future attacks.
Digital Forensics in a Mobile World
Our professional forensics and security assessments apply to many types of mobile devices. We currently support iPhone (all versions), iPad (all versions), iPods (all versions), Android, Windows Mobile, and Blackberry-based devices. The following is a partial listing of content that can usually be retrieved from a smart phone:
- Call Logs
- Contact Lists
- Locations (Wi-Fi, cell towers and GPS coordinates)
- SMS (Text) and MMS (Video/Audio) Messages
Please Note: Cell phones and mobile devices can be valuable sources of information in many types of investigations. A PRS representative is often able in a few hours’ time to copy all the data from a device for further review or analysis.
Safeguard Your Network With Digital Forensics
Serving the U.S. cities of Seattle, Bellevue, Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Columbus, Cupertino, Dallas, Denver, Fremont, Honolulu, Houston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, Milpitas, New York City, Orange County, Orlando, Palo Alto, Portland, Reno, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, San Mateo, Sunnyvale, Tampa, Vancouver & Washington DC
Also serving select cities in Canada, Algeria, Argentina, Bangladesh, Brazil, Cambodia, Chile, China, Czech Republic, Egypt, France, Germany, Guatemala, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Mexico, Netherlands, Nigeria, Panama, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom & Vietnam